Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content


Norco College's CalWORKs program works in collaboration with the Department of Public Social Services to assist you with your education, training and job skills. CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids) is the state's welfare-to-work program for families with children. 

Families eligible to receive CalWORKs Temporary Assistance must have:

  • Minor children in the home who lack the necessary support because of the absence, disability, death or unemployment of one or both parents.
  • In addition to parents, other relatives (such as grandparents) who are caring for minor children may also be eligible.
  • A pregnant woman with no other children can also qualify for CalWORKs benefits.

Applying for CalWORKs requires a visit to a local Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) office.

Visit Admissions and Records for instruction on how to apply to Norco College.

Click on Assessment Center for information about taking the Career Assessment Test.

Set up your WebAdvisor/My Portal account and complete your new student orientation and one-semester educational plan.

Apply for Financial Aid.

Call the CalWORKs office to schedule an intake appointment. Remember to bring in a copy of your most current Passport-to-Services (GEN-2000); Notice of Action verifying your cash aid and a current Welfare-to-Work contract.