The “Child Development Grant” is designed for students who are attending a California community college or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children’s centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year (2 yr max)!
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Be a California resident
- Submit a complete 2015/2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2015 at www.fafsa.gov. List Title IV code 041761 for Norco College
- Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
- Maintain at least half-time enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational institution
- Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
- Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children’s center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received