JFK Application Deadlines
Submit the confirmation page and Parent Approval Form to Admission & Records by these dates:
Summer 2017 - April 10th
Fall 2017 - June 19th
Winter 2018 - October 16th
Spring 2018 - December 4th
John F. Kennedy Middle College High School, part of CNUSD, is located on the entrance of the Norco College campus. Designed to encourage students to pursue post-secondary education, JFK students receive access to enroll in college courses while completing their high school requirements. While many students take a few classes in an academic year, past students have earned their Associate degrees before receiving their high school diplomas.
- You are a NEW Norco College student if you are a JFK student who has never attended Norco College before.
- You are a RETURNING student if you missed one or more primary terms (fall/spring). You must reapply.
- You are a CONTINUING student if you are a JFK student who was enrolled in a course after the first two weeks or 20% of the course in the previous term. As a continuing student you will NOT need to submit a new application.
For New and Returning students
- Complete the Online Admission Application and print the confirmation page.
- Complete the JFK School/Parent Approval Form, (available from the Kennedy Middle College High School).
- Submit the application confirmation page and JFK School/Parent Approval Form in person to Norco College Admissions and Records.
- Activate your student email.
Enroll in classes.
- It is essential that you sign-in to receive important information and updates, such as available courses, schedule changes, waitlist status, and more.
- Access your registration appointment through WebAdvisor . This is the time and day when your enrollment begins.
- View Schedule of Classes.
- Register for classes as soon as your registration appointment allows, either in person at the A&R counter or online through WebAdvisor.
- “Add” and “Drop” deadlines are strictly enforced.
- JFK Students may enroll in a maximum of 8 units (Fall/Spring) and 5 units (Winter/Summer) (CA Ed Code 48800-48802, 76001-76002, 76300).
- JFK students are not permitted to enroll in any Kinesiology (KIN) courses or general courses offered at Riverside City or Moreno Valley Colleges.
- Norco College allows up to 5 JFK students to be enrolled in a course. Once classes have reached the maximum of 5 JFK students, Admission & Records will require an authorization (signature) from the instructor in order enroll additional JFK students into the course.
Follow the steps below to obtain an authorization (signature) from the instructor:
- Take a JFK Add/Drop Card from Admissions & Records (or Counseling Office at JFK High School) and present this to your instructor on the first day of class.
- Ask the instructor if he/she will “add” you to the class. If you are
- approved, request the instructor to sign your JFK Add Card.
- Take the signed JFK Add Card to the Admissions & Records counter on or before the LAST DAY TO ADD
- JFK students may add themselves to a class waitlist when the course section is closed due to section capacity.
- If the waitlist roster is still open, but JFK students are unable to add themselves because there are already 5 JFK students enrolled, then the student should see an Admissions & Records representative for assistance .
- Waitlisted students should attend the first day of class, and request to be added to the course.