Thank you for your interest in Supplemental Instruction Leader position at Norco College.As a Supplemental Instruction Leader you will be required to:
- Attend mandatory pre-semester training
- Attend all the assigned lecture for your course throughout the semester
- Plan and conduct two engaging, collaborative study sessions each week
- Meet regularly with the professor of your course
- Attend bi-weekly SI staff meetings
- Work an average of 8-10 hours per week
- Conduct extra SI sessions prior to exams as requested.
- Role model successful student behavior
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have received an A or B in the course
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to explain concepts to others
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
A completed application includes:
(1) Supplemental Instruction Leader Application.
(2) Copy of resume and unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges & universities attended
(3) Copy of completed degrees/certificates if applicable
(4) 2 recommendation letters, at least one from a faculty member in the subject area
Click here to download the Supplemental Instruction Leader Application.
If you have any questions or concern, you may contact
Supplemental Instruction Coordinator